Monday, March 16, 2009

Landscape plans

The front yard is bare. There is grass. Nothing else. This has intimidated me since we moved in, so I have been stuck and haven't done anything about it.

I now have landscape plans!



The dot in the middle of the EEEEE FFFFFF is a small River Birch cultivar, hopefully something like this. The empty area on the far right will have some taller evergreen, either a holly or a yew, I have not decided and I may change my mind when I go out looking at plants.

I hope it winds up looking something like this, only more colorful.


I wanted to go native, but I found it to be a huge stumbling block. I live in an older neighborhood, so the "traditional" plants are not out of place here. This is just a start along the foundation. I can always add more beds as time goes on. I know I want to take out the old gas light in front of the porch someday. I am going to try planting summer squash there this year.

0 comments: