Friday, March 6, 2009

Productivity

I am so much more productive when I take a day off. I'm staying home today under the auspices of taking care of Scarlett. She was very mopey and moany yesterday, but she seems pretty normal today. I am worried about her overdoing it, so I have to keep telling her to calm down. Just like normal.

I bought a frame for this "Old Tyme Foto" of my sister and I. It's been sitting in a paper bag since the Illinois State Fair. Last August.



I bought a bag of prepared compost for the garden, because I am afraid I just don't have enough to top off the beds. The corn bed lost a lot of soil when I pulled the old stalk stumps out. (The squirrels shredded them down to stumps, hence no corn harvest at all. Grr.) I want to put tomatoes there this year, so I really want the full 6" of dirt.

I also filled the hole in the front yard. Again. The last attempt didn't seem to do much, as the whole thing is still sinking in from whatever sewer work was done before we bought the house.



I put in some paver base to give it some weight and try to block some erosion.


Followed by three bags of "top soil".


We don't have a tamper, so I did the next best thing and tamped it in with a sledgehammer. Yep, I worked up a sweat before 10:00 AM!


Saving the best for last, now I am going to work on our 2008 Federal Income Tax Return. Yeeah baby!

0 comments: