Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Ice Cream

I made some ice milk as soon as I could after I got my new ice cream maker, but this batch of strawberry is my first attempt at "ice cream".



I'm not complaining. I think I will let the berries macerate a bit longer next time, because they're frozen in there like little ice cubes. I wish they have a bit more give when bitten. Other than that, I'm so sold on this machine. *love*

Cuisinart Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
1 pt fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
1 T lemon juice
1 c sugar, divided
1 c whole milk
2 c heavy cream
1 t vanilla extract

Combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1/3 c of sugar. Allow the strawberries to macerate in the juices for 2 hours.

In a medium bowl, whisk milk and sugar until dissolved. Add heavy cream, vanilla, and any juices from the strawberry mixture. Chill thoroughly.

Churn per ice cream machine's manufacturer's instructions, adding berries during the last five minutes of the freeze cycle.

I added a few drops of red food coloring to the milk and sugar mixture.

0 comments: