Friday, July 17, 2009

Sushi

We went to Crazy Sushi in St. Peters for dinner tonight.

I had cabbage salad, miso soup, green tea and SUSHI!

I had a California Roll and I was just gleeful about the roe on top of it. I think it was flying fish roe, and it pops in your mouth. Fun!

Then there were five pieces of nigiri. The pieces were just too big for me to eat all at once, so I had to be rude and take them in two bites.

It was chef's choice, so I am not 100% sure what two of the fishes were.

The tuna barely had any flavor at all; much less than seared tuna steaks I've had in the past.

The shrimp was my least favorite, because I found it was cooked just a touch too much and was too chewy.

The salmon tasted like salmon - not my favorite fish my any means, but I found I actually like it better raw.

I don't know for sure what my favorite of the night was, but I suspect that it was sea bass. (I had it and another piece that I may have gotten mixed up.) The flavor and texture were just perfect, and this piece of fish helped me understand what sushi is all about.

All of the flavors are subtle, and then the wasabi (I did not add any, just went with the chef's vision) cleared out the palate. It is a very clean sensation.

0 comments: