Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Hunting / Chinese Buffet Day

I am still under the weather, but we got up and went hunting this morning anyway. I took an adult dose of Tylenol cold medicine (ew, the orange stuff) right before we went out the door.

Dennis saw a deer as we were walking down the old farm road. I was fully bundled and carrying my seat and bibs at the time, so I didn't think I could shoot. He got the muzzleloader. He walked parallel to the path he'd seen the deer on, and I continued down the road. Of course, that's when I saw deer. If I'd put my stuff down and gotten the rifle ready instead of handing it off, we'd have venison tonight. Oh well, that's hunting!

We sat for a while, but I was too wired from my adult dose of Tylenol cold medicine to sit still for very long. We made it about two hours in total. I realized as I was walking back up the hill that I really did not feel good at all, and questioned coming out into the cold to begin with.

After a nap, we went to Ryce Oriental Buffet for dinner. Their special holiday buffet seemed pretty nice. I had a fever by this time, so I didn't try much in the way of Westernized Chinese food, nor did I venture too far into the more exotic side of the buffet. I mostly ate dim sum dishes from the steam table. They had some jade dumplings that were super tasty. Dennis had some spicy tendon.

0 comments: