Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Frozen Tundra

We used our Cracker Barrel gift certificates for lunch today. This is still not a place I'd choose in my own town with my own money, but it wasn't a terrible experience either. I always equate Cracker Barrel with Denny's for some reason. It is road trip food to me.

After we ate too much, we went back to the lease to hunt the last day of youth season. It is really too cold to sit for hours, so we did some quick paced still hunting today. Basically we told Chris to take the .30-30 and lead us down the paths around the farm. I think the deer were bedded down in the warmest spots they could find, but you never know when you might kick one up out of bed.

We didn't see anything again, but Chris kept at it until the sun went down. We got a good walking tour of the property with all of the foilage down, and we did see pleanty of sign that proves there have been deer out and about since the last big rain storm. The ground is frozen solid now, so there weren't any real fresh signs to point out.

0 comments: