Thursday, April 9, 2009

Strawberry pie

Strawberry pie is one of my favorite foods. I remember how much of a treat it was as a kid when Grandma & Grandpa Marfell got me a slice at the mall cafeteria. They always arranged the berries crown down on the crust and they looked like delicious jewels.



Single pie crust, baked and allowed to cool completely
1 cup sugar
3 T strawberry Jello
3 heaping T cornstarch
1 cup water
2 cups strawberries, cleaned and hulled (ours were cut into 4ths)

Thoroughly combine sugar, Jello and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add water and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and rubylike. Allow to cool. Arrange strawberries on cooled pie crust, top with cooled filling and chill until ready to serve.

Yes, my pie crust shrank and puffed despite being docked really well. Guess my docking fork wasn't sharp enough to go all the way through...

0 comments: